Friday, October 4, 2013

Write-Away Friday

1. What tasks have you completed recently?  
This year starting on August 11 I decided I was going to read the entire Book of Mormon again and I was going to finish it by my 17 birthday. I gave myself 52 days to complete this 500+ page book. If you can do math then you know that is about 10 pages per night. Well lets just say I procrastinated slightly and found myself reading about 20 pages for the last week in order to complete my goal.. I am proud to say that I did complete it by my Birthday, but I also learned a few things about goal making.
2. What have you learned recently? 
There is a S.M.A.R.T way to make a goal. 
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Timely
I had a specific goal. It was measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely, but I realized that I needed to put more energy into my goal to get it done. So with this goal I learned that just because you can do it, doesn't mean you will do it. So I learned with a goal the Best advice to have once you get a good goal is to DO IT!!! And not procrastinate. 

3. What are you planning on doing next?
Well This year in my seminary class (church class) we are studying the Book of Mormon. I have decided that I am going to read it again by the end of the school year, but I will try to study it more and make goals from it to improve my life. 

http://meridian6yw.blogspot.com/2012/07/book-of-mormon-challenge-reminder.html

No comments:

Post a Comment