Monday, April 21, 2014

Write Away Friday: Lie Detectors


1. What tasks have you completed recently?  
Recently I have finished the book Frankenstein. Also I have finished another packet in Spanish Class.  Recently I have also started riding my bike again. I have done that really well and often. On Tuesday's though I go to my dance class. I have learned to do East Coast Swing. Every week we learn something new and I am loving it!!!!

2. What have you learned recently? 
 So last Friday I had a substitute in Spanish Class. He was an old F.B.I agent. He taught us a little bit about lie detecting. That is where the pictures come in. Automatically a person will look right when they make are making up something creatively. Conversely, when they look left they are recalling facts. Lastly, when they look down, it usually has to do with love. In every culture, people look to their heart when recalling the emotion love. I find this knowledge incredibly interesting. It is not a perfect science, however because distractions can change where you look and there can be other factors. That is why it is easier to pick up on these small hints in an interrogation room. But overall I find that it is cool that we all do this.   


3. What are you planning on doing next?
This week I plan on working really hard to finish my application for mayor's top teens. Also I have to work on my essay over Frankenstein. A few other things that I have to do include taking notes, reading my book, and other things to prepare for my classes. This week is a little short but I really cant think of anything else to add. 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Woman_in_white_top_looking_down_22March2009.jpg
http://www.viewzone2.com/liar.middle.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment