Saturday, February 8, 2014

Write Away Friday: Twinses

1. What tasks have you completed recently?  
This week I had the opportunity to dissect a sheep brain and I loved it. I thought it was so cool. I only wish I had more time to actually look at it more. I really wanted to see the swirl from the hippocampus and I really liked the whole hands on approach. This isn't so much a task but I actually came to school on Friday in my green Misty Boyce T-shirt. When I walked into Anatomy class I saw that Ms. Gardner was also wearing her green Misty Boyce T-shirt. It was awesome cause we were twinses! Oh! and  I almost forgot, today I had the opportunity to go to the temple in Albuquerque. I will just say it was a great experience and I was so happy to be there:) 

2. What have you learned recently? 

In my Spanish class I learned how to make a smoothie using a recipe in Spanish. It had bananas, yogurt, orange juice, strawberries, and pineapple in it. I had a good time learning to do that. Also I learned this week in English class about Shostakovitch. I think my favorite thing about him was how he didn't let people push him down. When Stalin asked him to write a piece about how he is a great leader of Russia, instead of writing something powerful he wrote something cartoonist. Also I enjoyed how after Stalin death he wrote a piece using D, E flat, C, B. In German notation the notes are D, S, C, H, Demitri Shostakovich, as if to say "I am still here, when you (Stalin) are not!" I really enjoyed that class.  


3. What are you planning on doing next?

Next I am going to sleep, take a lot of notes, and work on my note taking skills. I have noticed that I need to change a few things up to do better in Anat. and Phys... To be honest, I am scared for the test because I know I am not getting it right now. I need to put a little more time into it. Also I need to be better visually with the drawings. Well that's it for now. Peace:)



No comments:

Post a Comment