Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Poisoner's Handbook

For Anatomy and Physiology I am reading a book called The Poisoner's Handbook. This is an unusual choice for me because I don't really have an interest in poisons and I don't know anything about them except for the obvious, they kill you!!! The only experience I have is of Iocain Powder from The Princess Bride. The reason I decided to pick it up was actually due to my sister Hannah. The night before we picked our books, I went to the airport to pick my sister up. She has a fascination and interest in studying serial killers.  On the hour drive home she actually told us a story, from a book she recently read, about a  woman who suspected a man in her apartment building of killing a string of woman. It took the police officers 10 years to start to take her remarks seriously and consider the evidence that she had told them about. I was really interested in her story and I thought it might be interesting to see how evidence in the human body is found. I also thought it would be nice to know what bodily clues are left behind from the poisons themselves. After I picked the book, I went home and told my sister about it. She said she would like to read it too! So in a way I picked it to learn about a poisons effect on the body, but also as a way to get closer to my sister by learning things that she is also interested in.  

http://whyfiles.org/2011/the-poisoners-handbook/

No comments:

Post a Comment