Sunday, December 1, 2013

Write-Away Friday: Thanks Giving

ImageThis past week  I have thought a lot about Thanksgiving. If you look at the word it is literally split into two words, Thanks and Giving. The first part I would like to talk about is something I heard from my Aunt Sharon. She told me something that she heard from the Preacher or Minister which was “What if you woke up tomorrow and the only thing that you had was the things you were thankful for?” This made me think about the things I have. I have so much and I don’t even take anytime to appreciate them. I don’t thank my Heavenly Father for the things that he has given me and I think mainly about the things that I do want. So the first part is noticing the things in your life that are good things to have and having an attitude of gratitude for them. The second part is Giving. My sister has been serving a mission for my church in Cape Verde. She sees people who don’t have much but are always willing to give. In this weeks letter she wrote: “Well, this family is darn poor, but they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS want to feed us. Every night, Patricia tells us the “special” of the night. Well, after we took Bruna home after our appointments, Patricia handed us a container FULL of food (rice and fish meal). WHAT THE DUMB. The people here are just so humble and great. I love it. Also, I am gonna get nice and Gordo here.” For some reason through the week this stuck with me. I have seen people around me and even sometimes I find myself money grubbing. Why is it that when we have so much are so ungrateful and unwilling to share there are people with nothing sharing all that they have? i don’t know why I felt like writing about this but it is something I want to work on so that I can be more grateful and happy about the things I do have. And I wanted to share a little bit of the things I have been up to this past week. Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to Cloud croft with my family. We got Christmas trees. And I don’t mean tree I mean Trees. We got FIVE trees. One for my house, one for Heidi’s house, one for Rhett’s house, one for Megan’s house, and one for my Grandmother’s house. It took sometime but we were able to find some and have an epic snowball fight!!!  So that has been my Thanksgiving and below is a picture of my Nephew Jarom’s hand and my Niece Lexia and me at Thanksgiving Breakfast.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment